Welcome to Consignworks!
ConsignWorks ® is New England's premier, full-service estate sale company.
Since 2004, we have proudly served the Boston/Metro West, Rhode Island, and Connecticut communities.
We assist individual sellers and estate executors who are moving, downsizing, or liquidating an estate,
and local non-profits with fund-raising events such as auctions and sales. We handle any size sale--from average homes to large,
complex estates, with contents featuring antiques to today's home furnishings.
As New England's oldest, largest and most trusted estate sale company, our own experienced, knowledgeable,
and professional staff personally handles each estate sale. Consignworks runs 100 local estate
and non-profit fundraising events each year! In fact, we successfully completed 97 sales in 2012!
We are also able to offer on-site and on-line auction services.
Our professional staff of 28 has trained specialists with years of direct experience in antiques, retail,
fund-raising, and ecommerce, so you can be sure your items are properly identified for the best resale value.
We provide our clients with a comprehensive solution - proper identification and assessment of values,
professional sales management, coordination with non-profits for donations, and
partnering with clean-out companies to complete the liquidation. Our process is fully documented, before,during and after,
with unparalleled transparency-each and every sale is itemized, from 50 cents and higher-not just the "big ticket items."
Whether an on-site estate or moving sale is the best solution, an on-line or on-site auction, consignment, coordination with
a specialty auction house or dealer -- we combine these services with on-line sales and superior marketing
to provide maximum exposure to reach the right buyers.
We are A+ BBB-certified, fully-insured, licensed, an eBay REDOL, Top Seller,
Powerseller and Trading Assistant and have a staff that specializes in antiques, art,
fine furniture, china, pottery and glass and other items.
We are properly registered to operate in other states,
to collect sales tax, and pay and insure employees legally.
Our staff are members of various antiques, collectibles and civic organizations and
active within non-profit auction and fund-raising events in Wellesley and metro Boston.
We are about worry-free, prompt and professional service backed by years of experience
and subject matter expertise.
The Consignworks Team
Our experienced and professional staff consists of specialists in antiques, furniture,
china, art pottery, glass, collectibles and more.
Most importantly, we have years of experience in on-line marketplaces and secondary markets for merchandise.
As the largest estate sale company, Consignworks has 11 full-time and 17 part-time associates, to handle multiple sales, and the largest and most complex requirements.
Our bench is deep, so you can be sure sales are expertly managed and well-run- even for the most complex situations.
To learn more about us, visit our Meet the Team page.
- We are a Massachusetts corporation, started in 1998, incorporated in 2004.
- A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.
- As New England’s largest estate sale company, we run 100 sales per year. Largest sale: 2200 attendees.
- Our staff of 12 full-time and 17 permanent part-time employees has extensive experience and specialization in antiques,
furniture store management, retail and event management.
We are regular members and volunteers for various organizations and non-profits.
- Licensed auctioneer in Massachusetts (#AU3081). Auctioneer licensing requires a strict code of conduct and ethics,
knowledge of business laws and additional insurance. If required, we can provide additional services to our clients.
- Consignworks is fully insured to $2MM in General Liability, and $30,000 bond per employee, by the Small Business Insurance Agency.
Certificates provided to each client.
- Able to provide on-line auctions such as Auctionzip and Liveauctioneers for smaller liquidations or where sales cannot be held, such as apartments.
- Legally registered in multiple states to operate. Companies that run sales in different states must pay payroll taxes, unemployment,
collect sales tax, file annual reports, etc. (Be sure to verify a business that claims multi-state operations!)
- We are an eBay TopSeller, PowerSeller, Trading Assistant and REDOL. We also resell on Amazon, Bonanza, artprice and on our website.
- Our full-time focus is on the resale of items on secondary markets! Our constant exposure to antiques, art, pottery, china, glass and collectibles encompasses multiple channels—on-line marketplaces, bricks and mortar, specialty dealers and even movie production studios!
- We work with a sister company that operates an 11,000 sq foot gallery featuring period antiques from the 1700s to the 1970s.
Supplied two movie sets with period furniture and items --Cowboys & Aliens and Something Borrowed.
- Gibson Sotheby’s Realty Approved Vendor.
- Selected by the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum to resell their retail inventory. Selected by the Nightingale Inn Bed & Breakfast,
and Spookyworld estate to run large, complex (15,000+ sq ft, 1600-2200 attendees) sales.
- Selected to handle the Daphne Farago estate sale of museum-quality antiques (Collections also at the Farago wings at the MFA & RISD)
- Our sell-through rates typically range from 80-99%.
- Our sales are fun! We enjoy what we do and it shows!
- Our references are unmatched from clients, businesses, realtors and move managers.
- Sales attended by hundreds of buyers. Active mailing list of 4,000+ subscribers.
During The Estate Sale...
We provide an honest and realistic assessment of the value of items. We never seed nor bring in other items to a sale. We do not buy-out at the end of sales—all items belong to the homeowner only.
- We stage each home with care and flair for maximum sales presentation.
- We advertise in all major newspapers -- the Boston Globe, Providence Journal, Herald Tribune, MetroWest Daily and all weekly newspapers as appropriate.
We create a website for each client with pictures highlighting each sale. We publish on all estate sale exchanges, our mailing list, Facebook and Twitter.
- We tag items for sale with individual prices. Furniture and large items are documented on an inventory schedule with prices and reserves agreed to by the client.
- We handle the appraisals of fine jewelry and rugs at no charge through our network of certified appraisers located in Wellesley and Newton.
- Each residence is fully protected -- rooms, floors, carpets. We ensure a safe and clean environment for your home during the sale.
We place No Parking Signs along the street. We have police details if required.
- We properly staff each sale with monitors, cashiers and movers.
- We use our own movers to take out furniture from the premises to avoid damage and liability.
- During the sale, offers are taken to the client for approval.
- We accept all credit cards and cash.
- We document each sale by line item-every item, every sale. We provide a detailed report of each receipt along with the check within 5 business days.
- We help coordinate post-sale activities with charities, and clean-out services.
- House is left in broom-clean condition. All tape, signs and other items are removed by us.
- We provide optional concierge services such as packing and shipping, returning cable boxes, etc.
Current Estate Sales
Estate Sale Wayland, MA December 14
Estate Sale Dover, MA December 14
Estate Sale Coventry, CT December 14
Estate Auction Part 3 - ART, POTTERY, GLASS & GEODES! Dudley, MA LIVE - Ends December 11th BID NOW!
Estate Sale Marlborough, MA December 7
Estate Sale Wellesley, MA December 7
Estate Sale Tolland, CT December 7
Estate Auction Part 2 - AFRICAN & OCEANIC TRIBAL ART! Dudley, MA LIVE - Ends December 3rd BID NOW!
Estate Sale Weston, MA November 23
Estate Sale Medfield, MA November 23
Estate Sale Newton, MA November 16
Estate Auction Part 1 Dudley, MA!
Estate Sale Concord, MA November 9
Estate Sale Watertown, MA - CANCELLED!
Estate Sale Lexington, MA November 2
Estate Sale Sudbury, MA November 2
Estate Sale Weston, MA October 26
Estate Sale Medfield, MA October 26
Estate Sale Reading, MA October 19
Estate Sale Milton, MA October 19
Estate Sale Westwood, MA October 12
Estate Sale Medfield, MA - CURT SCHILLING Residence! - October 12
Estate Sale Weston, MA October 5
Estate Sale Hopkinton, MA October 5
Estate Sale Newton Center, MA September 28
Estate Sale Weston, MA September 21
Estate Sale Weston, MA September 21
Estate Sale Sudbury, MA September 21
Estate Sale Wellesley, MA September 14
Estate Sale Wayland, MA September 14
Estate Sale Wellesley, MA September 7
Estate Sale Chestnut Hill, MA September 7
Multiple Business Liquidation Dudley, MA August 31st
Estate Sale Newton, MA August 24
Estate Sale Needham, MA August 24
Estate Sale Framingham, MA August 17
Estate Sale Weston, MA August 17
Estate Sale Stow, MA August 17
Estate Auction Part 3 Framingham, MA Bid Now!
Estate Sale Dover, MA August 10
Estate Sale Acton, MA August 10
Estate Auction Part 2 Framingham, MA Bid Now!
Estate Sale Sudbury, MA August 3
Estate Sale Weston, MA August 3
Estate Sale Wellesley Hills, MA July 27
Estate Sale Wayland, MA July 27
Estate Sale Sherborn, MA July 27
Estate Auction Part 1 Framingham, MA Bid Now!
Estate Sale Waban, MA July 20
Estate Sale Bolton, MA July 20
Estate Sale Wellesley Hills, MA July 20
Estate Sale Westwood, MA July 13
Estate Sale Framingham, MA July 13
Consignworks to Host Curt Shilling Estate Sale! More...
Consignworks Featured on NECN More...
Consignworks Spins Off Antiques Store More...
Consignworks expands to Harford and Eastern CT More...
Consignworks offer Concierge Services More...
Consignworks to Sell Paul Rulli Early American Hand-crafted Furniture More...
Consignworks adds professional auction services More...